Tina Tannen, PhD, LMHC, was initially reluctant about the premise of the podcast. After some consideration, she decided to come on the show. Tina’s commitment to her own ongoing development yielded rich conversation about her views on therapist self-disclosure and reflections on self-acceptance.
She also contributed a long list of resources. I’m expecting many of them in my mailbox any day.
- Becoming Myself: A Psychiatrist’s Memoir and Love’s Executioner & Other Tales of Psychotherapy by Irvin Yalom.
- A Shining Affliction: A Story of Harm and Healing in Psychotherapy by Annie Rogers.
- Quote from Fritz Perls, “…nobody can stand truth if it is told to him. Truth can be tolerated only if you discover it yourself because then, the pride of discovery makes the truth palatable.”
- The Hakomi Method
- John Welwood‘s book on love, Perfect Love, Imperfect Relationships.
- Existential psychologist Rollo May
- Gary Yontef on The Power of the Immediate Moment in Gestalt Therapy
- The book Compassion and Self-Hate: An Alternative to Despair
- The series on working with resistance in therapy process